Friday, July 4, 2014

Purple Rain | My Love affair with Purple (2014 Pantone Colour of the Year)



How can you not love looking at this shade and be obsessed with it? I focused on Lip products for this post, but my obsession doesn't end with just lips. I also love purple for the eyes, a soft sweep of purple on the lids looks amazing for Brown eyes {Click for post here}. Also, using a purple liner instead of a black one, makes a great impact as well {Click for post here}.



I look back and wonder if perhaps my obsession started when Pantone declared this hue as the colour of the year for 2014, specifically Orchid. But If I dig deeper, my purple obsession might have started way earlier. Perhaps circa 1984, a time for fun fashion, a time where musicians and acting in movies were one in the same. Is it possible that it may have been influenced by the one...the only....

The Legendary Prince in the film "Purple Rain"

























One word:  #YESS! Needless to say, this gorgeous hue has been a part of my life for some time. In honour of Prince and Purple Rain, check out my fave purple hued products below.

COVER GIRL LIP PERFECTION in Divine #330


M.A.C. Lipglass in Perky


M.A.C. Mattene Lipstick in Nights Blooming


Maybelline Lip Elixir in Vision in Violet

The Purple Rain All Stars!

This colour is a great transition from Pink and not as bold as dark-hued Plum. Bright shades are always a hit for Summer, so be brave and check out these HOT purples and get obsessed like me!

#PurpleIsTheNewBlack :)





No comments:

Post a Comment