Monday, September 28, 2015

Food | Green Chicken & Veg Soup Recipe via Clean & Delicious


I was recently sick and was on the hunt for recipes/foods that would help boost my immune system. In the colder months of Fall and Winter, I typically love to make soups because it's an easy way to make a large quantity of food ahead of time, it packs in ingredients that are lingering in the fridge and tastes great!

During my Googling and YouTubing, I came across this great Channel by Dani Spies who has this amazing food channel and website called Clean & Delicious. Once I saw her delicious sounding soup, it was exactly what I was looking for! (Just look at the title!):

Immunity Boosting Green Chicken + Veggie Soup - Clean&Delicious®. (Click to go to her YouTube)

I loved her video and how simple it was to make. The "Broth Booster" was my favourite part of the soup, which you will see below, and really added a nice warmth and heat to the soup.

@Clean_and_Delicious | www.http://cleananddelicious.com


I loved the fact that it was literally exactly what I was looking for! It has lots of veggies and of course good chicken broth, which helps you feel better when sick. Here is the recipe below:

Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Small Onion - Chopped
  • 2 Carrots - Chopped
  • 2 Stalks of Celery - Chopped
  • 3 Cloves of Chopped Garlic
  • 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
  • 2 Tsp. Dried Oregano
  • 12 Ounces of Shredded Rotisserie Chicken (2 Chicken Breasts) *Boil in Lemon Water to help shred
  • 2 Small Zucchini - Chopped
  • 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
  • 6 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth or Homemade Stock
  • 1 Bunch Cilantro - Stemmed
  • 1 Serrano Pepper (I wanted a lot of heat and used Green Chiles)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:


1. Heat Olive oil in a large pot and add in onions, pepper, carrots and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 mins. or until the veggies begin to look tender.

2. While veggies are cooking, blend cilantro, Serrano pepper, 1 clove of Garlic and 2 cups of broth in the blender. Once blended, set aside. (What I lovingly refer to as the "Broth Booster"!)

3. Once veggies are tender, season with cumin, oregano and a little more salt and pepper, stir well and cook for another 2 minutes.

4. Add shredded chicken, zucchini, corn, remaining chicken broth and the cilantro broth you blended in the blender. Bring to a boil, reduce down and simmer for 10 more minutes or until your veggies are tender.

Pour yourself a bowl and savour every spoonful of this soup! This soup was so easy and it truly helped me get better. Here are my pics of the version I made:




If you are a soup lover or need to boost your immune system, definitely check out this delicious soup! Happy Cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment