Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Review | NEW Makeup Purchases from Coastal Scents!


My love affair with Coastal scents started a number of years ago, when I first discovered the 88 Ultra Shimmer palette on YouTube and I have been in love ever since.  Recently, I had been meaning for some time to add to my makeup kit as it's important to branch out and have a variety of products to work from for the various types of projects that may come my way.

The great thing about Coastal Scents is they offer a variety of makeup products that are affordable and come in amazing palettes. My first experience with them was very positive and I was pleased once again by their service, efficiency and of course the products. Today I am sharing with you all my open box review of Coastal Scents from the products purchased, the order process & arrival, descriptions of the products and overall feedback!

The products that I was excited to order are listed below:

1. 15 Eclipse Concealer Palette $14.95
2. 10 Blush Palette $7.95
3. 28 Neutral Eye shadow Palette $11.95
4. 88 Original Palette $10.95













The website is pretty straight forward and highly organized. I must admit, you can easily get distracted looking at ALL the neat combos for sale, the new products and just looking at beautiful photos of the product. Nonetheless, a very easy site to navigate and to place your order. Quick email updates were sent to my inbox, letting me know of the order status and the approximate timeline of my delivery. Within 10 Business days I was to receive my order, but to my pleasant surprise my Coastal Scents box of goodies arrived sooner than expected!

When I saw the delivery box, I was very excited to open it! It was bright blue and I must say I loved that it had a white "bow" on the box, which made it even more fun to open!



Everything arrived packed very securely which kept the integrity of the product. Check out the photos below that showcase the packaging, the products and why I chose them.

1. Eclipse Palette - 15 Concealer Shades














Cost: $14.95

The 15 shades are a great mix of tones that can work to conceal, highlight and brighten. The palette includes 2 colour correcting shades, a highlighting shade and of course the concealer shades from cool, warm to deep. You can mix them to achieve the perfect tone or use alone! These colours are creamier in texture therefore you have to warm the product before application.

TIP: Use the bright or light shades underneath the brows as a clean way to define them!


2. 10 Blush Palette - A great mix of Blushes



Cost: $7.95

I love blushes! I could not resist getting this palette. I love the great mix of colours that this palette has. All these shades look gorgeous on all skin tones. Therefore this is a great starter palette for a makeup artist! As a makeup lover, you can work with these shades for any look that you desire from Natural, dramatic and Glam!

TIP: For a more lifted look, apply the blush above the natural hollow of your cheeks, on top of the bone sweeping upwards! Blending with bronzer will give a gorgeous sun-kissed look!

3. 28 Neutral Palette - Gorgeous Eye Shadows



Cost: $11.95

I absolutely LOVE this palette! A perfect eyeshadow palette for a new makeup artist and makeup lover! You can use this palette to create soft looks, dramatic looks and of course the classic smokey eye! A great palette for Bridal makeup as well! The shades are a mix of mattes, satins and soft shimmers! (Beauty Posts to come...stay tuned!).

TIP: Using a fine pointed brush or liner brush, apply the black or brown shadows for a soft diffused liner. A great alternative to the traditional liquid liner!

4. 88 Original Palette - Eye Shadow Colours 












Cost: $10.95

This is THE Palette that put Coastal Scents on the MAP! For me at least! The 88 Matte palette is an ideal palette because it includes beautifully pigmented colours to help with any look that you are trying to create. These matte colours offer the right amount of Drama and give you a world of options with their vibrant colours!

TIP: Matte shadows will recede when taking photos, therefore always remember to balance your shimmering shades with dark matte shades in the crease and corner for photo balance. The shimmer colours will look bright and the matte shades will provide the right depth! You will be #SelfieReady!

5. BONUS Gifts!






If you haven't ordered with Coastal scents before, please note, with every order Coastal Scents will always send a little gift along with some Promo material, such as the "I heart Makeup" sticker. The mini shadows allow you to try something new...The little touches make the difference!

I will definitely be shopping with Coastal Scents again! Check out these great products on their site here: www.coastalscents.com! Happy Shopping! Stay tuned to the blog for some exciting Beauty Looks featuring the above products!



No comments:

Post a Comment